In order to operate a successful business you need to make sure you have received the appropriate advice and have the correct structures and safeguards in place.
- Commencing or growing a business?
- Are you entering or about to re-enter into a lease? If so, have you received advice on that lease?
- Are you aware of your legal rights when it comes to a lease in respect of the Retail and Commercial Leases Act 1995, what constitutes the lease and what you can and cannot be compelled to pay by a landlord?
- Do you have an asset protection policy in place?
- Have you received advice about whether a partnership/ company or other structure is appropriate for your business?
- Do you have an up to date terms of trade/ terms of engagement in place?
- Even if it is up to date, is it specifically tailored to your particular business and the situations that may arise?
- Do you have a partnership or shareholder’s agreement in place?
- Are you looking at buying or selling a business?